Wooden Toys Vs Plastic Toys: Which One Is Better For Kids?-Woodmam
Before the industrial revolution, kids did not have many choices for toys. After the revolution, several companies mass-produced toys and sold them at a cheap price. Most toys were made of tin or plastic back then as these materials were cheaper than wood.
Rattles were the first-ever toy made of wood and over time it has made their place as a staple toy for kids, even today.
As a parent, it's natural for you to only want the best for your baby. Toys come in various shapes, sizes, colours, materials and types. When selecting a toy for children, it is incredibly important to check out the quality and the material of the toy. Kids play for a long time and often put the toys in their mouths. Always make sure the toys are made of non-toxic material to avoid any mishappening with the kid. These toys have much effect on the development of the kid. Kids develop fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination and many more characteristics when playing.
Wooden Toys over Plastic Toys
Which one is better? Wooden toys or plastic? -This question makes for a constant struggle for a parent when toy-shopping for their child. The vast majority of toys available today are made of plastic or metal. Sadly. there are few wooden toys available in the market today at a reasonable price range. Not only are wooden toys a substantial part of Indian culture and heritage, but they are also much safer than toys made of plastic as well.
Here are some of the reasons to choose wooden toys over plastic ones:
- Wooden toys are much more durable than plastic or tin made toys. Wooden toys are less likely to be destroyed even after rigorous playing.
- Wood is a non-toxic material and safe for kids.
- Wooden toys are environment friendly as well.
- Unlike plastic, you do not need to worry about your kid’s safety as these are designed to be safe for kids.
- Plastic toys might be cheaper than wooden toys but not better as an investment. You need to keep buying plastic toys as they are much more likely to get broken down much faster.
- Wooden toys are timeless. They grow up with the children. Even after the kids are done playing, you can easily use these toys as a home or garden decor.
There are also some downsides of wooden toys:
- Wooden toys are designed to be safe for kids however there is always a risk of splinters. Always discard the broken pieces of wood before the kids get any splinters.
- The key reason for people buying plastic toys over wooden ones is the price. Plastic toys are cheap, and easily available everywhere.
Wooden toys are not only far better for your child’s safety than plastic toys but also for the environment as well. And these are just some of the reasons why wooden toys are much better than plastic toys. Wufiy is one of the best stores offering kids' essentials and wooden toys for fine motor skills. All of their products are made with durable wood using non-toxic colours so that your kid can enjoy them safely.